On Saturday May 1st at 11:00 a.m. PT social workers will share their stories on using podcast to inspire virtual chat attendees to explore the power of voice in promoting social work policy, advocacy, education and research. Please register on Zoom https://bit.ly/31Qjf5n to watch live presentations, ask podcast creators questions and learn about the power of podcasting
During the virtual chat we will hear stories from:
Thank you for your willingness to share the social work power of Social Work Podcasting with us
We also want to thank the organizing committee for helping promote our virtual chat:
Ani Dingamtar, MSW(c) University of Calgary
Oleksandr (Sasha) Kondrashov, PhD Thompson Rivers University
If you want to share your podcast creation story please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on Zoom on May 1, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
Link for registration: https://bit.ly/31Qjf5n
2,5 Year Virtual Chat: Event Agenda
11:00 a.m. -12:45 a.m. Pacific Time
1. Welcome: Land Acknowledgements (5 minutes)
- Three questions in the chat: 1) Geographic location and Indigenous land; 2) How did you hear about this event; 3) Your interest in the event, hopes to learn from this event:
2. Organizers Welcome Words (1 minute each):
- Ani Dingamtar, Woods Homes, Calgary, Canada. Thompson Rivers University BSW Alumni
- Oleksandr (Sasha) Kondrashov, Thompson Rivers University, School of Social Work and Human Service, Kamloops, Canada
3. Ani and Sasha introduction: #EMPRSOCIALWORK (3 minutes Ani)
- EMPRSocialWork came out of Sasha and Ani’s discussion on tools for empowerment and practice in the human service field. Instagram, connection with people, and stories of people practicing social work.
4. Introduce Topic: Strengthening Social Work Practice, Policy, Advocacy, Research and Education: The Power of Expression in Podcast (2 minutes Sasha)
5. Speakers: Five-minute presentation (30 – 45 minutes)
6. Questions for the speakers Sasha will moderate? (15 minutes)
7. Discussion Questions: Chat with Zoom participants (15 minutes): How can we keep supporting each other going forward? How can we keep in contact by supporting and empowering one another? What type of events can we do together in the future? Who and how can you get engaged in social work social media?
8. Next steps: (5 minutes) Action plan from the discussion.
9. Concluding Messages: Chat. 5 minutes. Thank you to organizers and speakers and another event in (six months?) or organizing small #EMPRSocialWork conference. More information to come.